Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianBimmer View Post
Cool this makes a lot more sense. It this what is used with a stick shift? man I sure wish I had gotten a stick..would have forced me to learn
I think you would have to shift at higher rpms with a manual, i can't imagine going through gears one through six just to reach forty miles an hour. You could probably skip gears, like go from 4th to 6th and such. The automatic will not let you jump around, it will always engage the gears in order.

*Also whenever you coast, put it into the highest gear possible for the least amount of "engine-braking". Engine braking is when the vacuum inside the cylinders slows the car down because you are not giving it any throttle. When you coast, the engine pretty much shuts off and runs off of the drive-shaft.

2008 BMW 335i Sedan | Sparkling Graphite | Sport | Premium | Navigation | Comfort Access | Logic7
Golf Tee | M3 Spoiler | LED Angel Eyes | 5000k Fogs | Resonator Delete | Black Kidney Grills | Black Finisher Rods | 35%/18% Tint |12mm/20mm (F/R) Spacers | Black Lines