View Single Post
      04-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #33
zigsman
Private

Drives: 2006 330i E90

Got mine fixed

I replaced the transmission mechatronics sleeve, seal adapter, changed the fluid and reset the adaptive values all at the same time a few weeks ago. Since then, I have only put a couple hundred miles on my car, but it seems to have fixed the problem. Before I did this, the hard shift issue would re-surface after approximately 20-50 miles. So far, so good. Price wise, it was only a couple of hundred dollars, and the VAST majority of that was in the new transmission pan/filter and oil. The mechatronics sleeve and seal adapter were less than $20 combined, so if you re-use your oil and pan, you can fix this yourself for about $20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_boy View Post
The car still is running fine now without the jerk, since the above fix. However, I do not put a lot of miles on the car (it is my secondary car), so it might be too early to tell.

BTW, it still does have that slight transition where I think the rear brake calipers let go right before the complete stop (I am assuming that is what I feel. It could be the down shifting of the gears?). However, that does not feel like a jerk and it is mostly smooth transition. I think that one is normal?