View Single Post
      04-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #33
tcw
Captain

Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrates42 View Post
This is a great thread! and it looks like your local! (I'm in NOVA) I really want to check out all the bells and whistles when you get the combox installed. Are you going to any meets/trackdays in the near future?

I've got a 2008 M3 as well that I really want to update the electronics in.

I am holding off on the combox for the moment until the Iphone supports text messages going to the idrive. Just can't justify the retrofit for internet and the facebook app which I don't see myself using in the car. I go to some VMSC autocross events, but not really any meets.

I have been recently trying to install updates to the bluetooth and maps (2012 version). I have been doing so by USB, but for whatever reason the idrive don't start the update when I put the usb in... Some one said that the earlier CIC software versions had to be updated by DVD so I may look into updating the CIC firmware/software.

UPDATE: Ordered the navi DVD's from tischer. Also pulled the VIN for map updates from the CIC using this method: http://www.**************/showthread...7422#post27422 from "bmw coding . com"
2008 335I E92, AW, VFF700, 18" Forgestar F14, M3 front/side, M-tech rear, AMS IC, H&R Touring Cup Kit suspension, HID AE, ER Charge Pipe & Synapse BOV, CIC Retrofit, Quafie, DSS, Defiv Lockdown, SPEC 2+/Steel SMFW, Walbro 450

Last edited by tcw; 04-20-2012 at 10:51 PM.