View Single Post
      12-21-2005, 09:11 AM   #5
espo
Captain

Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante
Very true indeed! I especially like that one:

"ALL men see in only 16 colours, like Windows default settings.
Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a colour. Pumpkin is also a fruit.
We have no idea what mauve is."
Oh god this is so true....

Funny story. When me and my wife bought our house a few years ago we went about repainting almost every room (well I painted she gave directions). We went to the paint store and bought countless gallons of paint for each room (each room has at least 3 different colors in it). In one case we did not get the color for the trim. I wanted to finish up the room, but she didn't want to go to the paint store with me. She tells me the color that it should be so I (like an idiot because I didn't know any better yet), went to the store and bought some. Got home, tapped off the trim, and painted it. She got home and said "No thats the wrong color". At least I didn't pull the tape down yet. I then proceded to put her in the car to go to the store and get the "correct" color. It was literaly on the next paint card over from what I got!!! I couldn't even tell the differece between them, but she could (BTW I'm and engineer and she is an artist). Went home and re-painted the trim.

I have yet to this day see the difference in the color. I learned a valuable lesson, I will NEVER buy paint (even "white") without her being there!!