Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
Lol I was messing with you. I have not been to that track. Are there straights? How fast did you go?

And wow tracking a car with that few miles ... dare I call it irresponsible. I wouldn't track a car until it's had at least a few thousand on it.
Dude i totally bought it. I figured they had the N55 fixed because the N54 has so many obviously bogus issues with fueling, ignition, cooling....sigh...the list goes on =) I was truly shocked to hear he limped the F30 so quickly...

There are 2 straights and one super long sweeping turn (turn 4) that is almost as fast as a straight. I was hitting the top of 3rd on both straights - right around 95/100 and almost 6k (close to 80 probably, although I couldnt look...car was loaded like crazy obviously) in turn 4.

Those who stayed for monday (Art!) got to do the main summit track - I heard 135+ on that straight, although it rained all day and never topped 40 degrees. That wouldve scared teh shit out of me to be honest lol.

Charles how have you found your v12s to perform in wet? I had understeer that was borderline unacceptable - Jeff's Toyos had probably 50% more grip in the wet and I cant figure out why. Another guy who was there with an E46 330ci was saying the same thing about the hankooks.

Dry handling was stupidly good though. So confused!

Here's something unrelated - a guy was there with a 458 Italia that he bought from Algar. Recaro seats and a harness bar. He tracked it all last summer. We were drooling over it all weekend (we parked right behind him) and he seems like a very capable driver (green group). My instructor was texting Jeff today and said that on Monday he looped off and backed the 458 into a wall. Took off the rear cover and broke some lights - they figured $50k in damage. Backing in a 458 is at the same time totally cringe-worthy and totally baller. Bling!