View Single Post
      05-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #20
itrocks4u
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2011 328i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynhi2008 View Post
So no flickering even when you start the car? That's good news. I've been doping some research on the angel eyes which I want to get for my '09 e91 - white like yours but also wanted to compare with hid angel eyes which I don't know much about in terms of band comparison. My main concern about the lux was that they flicker when starting. Any opinions in hid vs led? I also wanted to ask you about getting them recoded. My daytime lights are my highbeam on a lower voltage. How much did the dealer charge?
What part of Toronto are you in?

Yea, no flickering when the car starts. Actually, I've never even noticed that. I don't think it would do that though being halogens.

I read one thread on HID Angel Eyes but the process seems far too complicated for me to handle. And I don't know if this is for halogen lights or xenons only. If HID angel eyes was really a plug n play kit, I would have definitely given that a shot but from the thread below I don't think it's that easy. Here's the link:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=623634

With regards to the coding, dealer won't do it for you. I actually had one of the forum members code the car for me. So my high beams are off and my angel eyes are my DRLs. The white AEs looks amazing, and the weather works out for us since in Toronto recently you hardly see completely sunny days. You can pm Desi4life10 on the forums and let him know i told you to contact him.

I'll check the light flickering tonight or tomorrow and let you know for sure. I don't recall seeing any flickering at all though.