Just wanted to say that I successfully completed this retrofit this evening. Thank you so much for posting this, lazd. I've been wanting to do a Bluetooth retrofit for literally years and this has saved me a ton of money.
A couple notes on my car; I have a 2007 E90 335i with iDrive, 6FL, $640, etc:
- I paid $45.54 (incl. tax) for the Bluetooth antenna from my local BMW dealership.
- The wires running behind the glove box in my car were not yellow, black and clear. They were yellow, black and a very dark grey (which was hard to distinguish from black). Rather than pull all the cables out, I followed the steps in the diagram, moving PIN 4 to PIN 3, PIN 5 to PIN 1 and PIN 6 to PIN 2. The pins in the TCU harness were in the same locations.
- I found it a real PITA to get the sides off the microphone connector behind the glove box.
- I don't really have very much slack at all on the ULF connector after moving over the cables from the TCU. I'm hoping this won't be a problem if I try to retrofit Sirius later on...
I had done the real work of this retrofit a couple weeks ago. My K+DCAN USB cable
just arrived today, so I made this my first coding task. It was as simple as adding $644 to the VO, doing an FA_WRITE on the CAS and NFRM modules. I then used the Expertmode profile to do an SG_CODIEREN on the 2MULF and CAPPL modules. Waited a couple minutes, then started the car and I was able to pair my phone. The coding did not take more than 5 minutes.
2007 E90 335i SG, Black Interior, Aluminum Trim, 6MT, Sport, Nav, Comfort Access, PDC, 6FL, Bluetooth, Sirius
Mods: Blacklines, SSTT, 15mm RE Spacers, OEM Short Shifter, Zeckhausen CDV, OEM Alarm, OEM Sunglasses Holder, Happy Robot, Golf Tee Mod, LUX 5.0, MTEC 4350K Fogs