Thread: Poor Nobama!
View Single Post
      05-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #199
Sidney
Dishonorably discharged

Drives: 2011 e90 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
It wasn't meant to imply that his comment was racist, it was just a sarcastic way of saying "thank you for explaining simple things for me because you think I'm an idiot". That's why I used a phrase that seems complimentary on the surface, but really isn't; just as his comment seemed helpful, but was really condescending.

By the way, the only people who have ever said that "if you disagree with Obama you're racist" are conservatives trying to speak for liberals. That's not to say that there's not a lot of racism out there, as well as claims of all sorts of reasons that we voted for the guy other than the real reason. But most liberals can distinguish racism from partisanship or ideology differences. The "take our country back" crap, and the "real America", and the claim that he's "leftist and radical" (he's moderate), that's racist.
When people say "take our country back" and "leftist and radical", I believe they are paraphrasing ideas such as stop the out of control spending, and enough with the government giveaways. Hardly racist. Not everyone who isn't liberal is a redneck cracker.