View Single Post
      05-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #14
sickem
Freude am fahren

Drives: in the fast lane

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eamon View Post
Just now finished install. It was just horrible because I was following the proper steps, but had some serious software issues and my car became undrivable. After countless tries, it randomly decided to work.
Worked on it on and off since 6, and did end up giggling like a little girl
yeah PROcede ftw! There are some quirks, like if you are updating firmware and maps it is best to have your laptop plugged in and not on battery as some windows versions will drop comm ports to save battery. If this happens in the middle of a firmware update you'll start the car and it'll appear possessed. Shiv has spelled this out in countless places, but don't do what I usually do which is toss the "directions" aside and just try to wing it!

There is a lot to learn with these tunes and I'm pretty new to this as well. Just be patient, read the read me files and try to absorb as much information from this forum as possible etc. before you start messing with settings etc. because these things are complicated and if you're a noob to tuning like me, messing with your ECU is a bit daunting and requires an understanding of what you're doing.

Ok, off soapbox! GL and be safe!