View Single Post
      05-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #16
ACEE
Average Car Exceeding Expectations (ACEE)

Drives: 2007 335i e92

Garage List
2007 e92  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcemkr View Post
265 on 10" is not stretched and would most likely fix your rubbing. Your best option is a proper fender roll and is perfectly safe when done right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edirtaynine View Post
get a set of 265's for the rear with a tire that has rounded off shoulders like nitto invos. with a +38 offset and 10" rear with that 265, you should be fine with no rubbing.

also, on a side note, why dont you run 235s up front? you wont have any rubbing at all and u get more tire and itll even help a lil bit neutralize the handling too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcemkr View Post
Can you see where on the fender it is rubbing?
Ok...like everyone mentioned it would have been better if it you went with a 235/265 set up. With those offsets you shouldn't rub, even with the larger tire size. Vossen recommended sizes??? Did you get that directly from Vossen or from your tire shop? B/c when I was working with Vossen they ALWAYS suggested the right tire sizes. When I told them what size i was going to put on the tires they continue to ask me if I was sure b/c I SHOULD run bigger. One thing you could do is weigh the rear of the car down...have a few people sit in it to lower it to see exactly where its rubbings.

I don't see why a roll and a smaller tire wouldn't fix the problem.
MSport front// CPS Front lip// M3 Side Skirts// Custom M3 (non wide body) rear bumper// VRS Type 1 Rear Diffuser// ACS style roof spoiler// AC Schnitzer Pedals// VRSF FMIC// Simota CF Intake// Magnaflow Axle Back// AccuAir/UAS airbags// 20" Vossen CV5 // Vredestein Tires// Custom sound sytem // BUY MY VOLKS
ACEE is offline   United_States