05-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #32
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shata View Post
Another thing that I just found out about couple days ago, P/S fluid is special from 2006+ on bmws so get that from dealer don't use stuff from autozone either.

Actually to be safe, I get all my fluids from dealer. At least you know your not fin stuff up.
What is P/S fluids? I was planning on using castro edge titanium for oil, redline or royal for my tranny and diff
Quote:
Originally Posted by asus389 View Post
Take a good hard look at your suspension bushings and ball joints. My thrust arm bushings were leaking and needed replacing around 65k.
I'm not too sure how to look for it it still handles very well and doesn't squeek or squeal even in the canyons
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
Exterme abuse the so called money shift
That would cause timing chain failure.

I guess this only apply s to manuals but downshifting with the car at redline rpm's was the instance I saw or skipping a gear downshifting like from 6th to second .

The other maintenance item that is kind of crime with the DI engines
is the valve carbon build up. And all DI cars get this for a used BMW this would apply to the 335 only.
I know downshifting with the car on redline is bad, but whenever I do roll races I always tend to shift from 6th to 3rd. Is that just as bad?
I'm usually rolling at about 60 to 70 already and about at 4-5K rpm. I never downshift close enough to the redline where id need to shift as soon as I gas it
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.