View Single Post
      05-17-2012, 01:32 AM   #21
Bunkei
Anti-Fanboy
Rep

Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Send a message via AIM to Bunkei Send a message via MSN to Bunkei Send a message via Skype™ to Bunkei
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiTCHY View Post
Thanks for all the tips! I think saving $2,400 would be a good idea...I would be more concerned with stopping than going in the snow/ice, so it seems like snow tires are a better investment than AWD.

Are you referring to the M-Sport package? If so, I don't think sport suspension is an option on the xDrives. Historically, hasn't BMW needed to increase the clearance for xDrives/xi?
There's the Dynamic Handling Package, that includes the Adaptive M Suspension and the Variable Sport Steering (available for both RWD and xdrive models). The height will most likely be the same as a 3-series without the sport suspension for the x-drive version. If the DHP is anything like the one in the new 5 series, it will allow you to choose from 4 settings (comfort to Sport+) which affects the suspension, steering, throttle, and transmission. I've seen mostly positive reviews of this, so it will be interesting to see how it compares to the 335i w/sport suspension when it becomes available later this year.

Some more good news .. you can also get the 19" rims w/Summer tires on x-drive as well...

According to the Press Release from BMW, we should also expect he 335iM (M-Performance, which is new line they're introducing, not to be confused with the M-sport, which is just a package) before too long. The purpose of the M-line is to give some of what makes the M cars so special in terms of performance in more practical models. The x-drive models were specifically mentioned as being a big part of the new line.

So you could wait a few months and see if the new DHP package is a good choice for the x-drive models in terms of sport or wait til the 335xiM comes out in probably 8 months to a year.