View Single Post
      05-21-2012, 04:50 AM   #4
1QuikWS6
No 55mph

Drives: 09 E92 328iX N51 3-Stage

Garage List
'Corrosion' that's pretty funny

The rotor hubs and calipers on my new 328ix were rusted and looked like shit 5 months after I bought the car new.

I ended up having my calipers powdercoated Black. While in the dealer for maintenance, they had a new 6 series on the lift and they were painting the calipers/rotor hubs - when I asked, they stated the buyer was unhappy with the fact that the brakes rusted immediately and looked like shit - so he told them to fix the problem, or he was returning the car...

I just ordered a new set of crossdrilled/slotted rotors from ECS Tuning as seen here:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687835

Didn't need rotors, I know that being crossdrilled/slotted don't really afford much of a braking difference on a street car - but I simply like the looks

At $149 for the front Pr + $129 for the rear Pr - can't go wrong. I'll be posting up pics as soon as I get them installed...
2009 328ix E92//SGM//ACS Roof Spoiler//MTech Aero Lip+Trunk Spoiler//M3 Side Skirts//CF Roundels+Grilles//M3 Novillo Interior//Perf Shift Lever+Boot//MPerf DCT Wheel//M3 GT3 eBrake Handle+Boot//ACS Pedals//M3 Mirrors//LCI Tails w/LUX Rev//DTEC V7 AE+MTec 6000K D1S+HPB HID 6000K Fogs//HPB LED Interior//RPI Scoops//CF Euro Airbox+Underhood Hsgs//K&N//BMW PE//MTech Rear Bumper-iS Sport Diffuser//CF Strut Brace//Vishnu OFT//BMW 193M's+Kumho 4X
1QuikWS6 is offline   United_States