View Single Post
      05-25-2012, 01:31 AM   #1
ran_i_am
STANCE

Drives: Black E92 S65

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Update***
GB over, thanks everyone who has taken the time to clean their Valves.
=)

************************************************** ************************************************** **********
Ivo got the valves cleaned, YAY!

Before:

After:

************************************************** ************************************************** **********
Ivo is starting with my valves next week. maybe tuesday. Ill be sure to post a few before and after photos.

It is not too late to join if interested.

************************************************** ************************************************** ************
I called Ivo@Columbus Auto as FarBMW and ChickenFriedRice recommended (THANKS guys!!), nice easy guy to talk to. He explained the process to me. Which include disassemble; scrubbing the valves with tooth brush; spraying solutions on the valve; grit blast(if there are build up left over); reassemble.
hopefully i didn't forget too many steps he told me. The point is, he is going to do a complete job on the valve and intake port cleaning.

Prices: (after bringing up E90post and explaining that we may have more than just me doing this)

1-4 members - $330 CAD

5-10 members - $300 CAD

This price is only effective for 4 weeks after I send him the list of ppl that has signed up. If you dont have time within the next 4 -5 weeks, sorry this price will not be honoured. and normal rates will apply.

Please PM me if you are SURE you will to do this, and will have time with in the month of JUNE 2012 to bring your car to IVO during the weekday between working hours.

Let the list start.

1. ranuova - June 6
2. b3_ups - Second week of June
3. nemo07 - Second week of June
4. MrSkinny - Second week of June
5. Zebra99 - June 22
6. gboop

(Hey guys,

As my car approached its 100k km. I wanna get its Valves and the intake port cleaned because of the carbon build up. I believe the throttle response and fuel consumption of the car can benefit quite a lot from this.

So, Walnut Shell Blasting is what most members did for their Valve & Intake Port Cleaning.

My questions are:

Has anyone done this in the GTA area?
if so
Where did u get it done?
How much did it cost?
Is anyone else looking to get this done anytime soon?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
************************************************** *************************************************

Last edited by ran_i_am; 06-30-2012 at 12:51 PM.
ran_i_am is offline   Canada