So I finally attempt to do this after almost half a year driving with the christmas lights. Great write-up btw.
So I didn't find any flakey stuff on the front part of the optical disk, but there was a decent amount of gunk on the backside. The gunk apparently originated from the old dried up lube that is on the disk's neck tube thing. I just took a microfiber towel and rubbed it off. I also noticed some scratches on the back of the disk, probably due to the disk's neck wearing and tearing, so eventually the disk will need to be replaced, or the whole thing that holds it; (someone bought it and was trying to sell it in earlier posts).
All errors are gone. Wow....
Total time: 3 and 1/2 hours.
Fly the BMW.
Last edited by TheTallJS; 05-28-2012 at 11:53 PM.