05-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #9
ivan-128i
bmw

Drives: 2011 128i SportPackage

Garage List
2011 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly73 View Post
No, other than it seems like 100% is about the same amount of acceleration at 50%, and the 100% feels like less than it used to do (but 50% feels about the same).

I've been wondering about he possibility of one of the previous owners installing one of those lame accelerator pedal remapping devices somewhere along the line. That could explain 50% being the same as 100% and also how I notice that slowly lifting the pedal when accelerating briskly results in a jerk forward (even at 50mph). I inquired about this jerking on any throttle lift in question #3 of my first post here.

I'd like to figure out *ALL* of the places to check for these devices. Remapping the throttle like this and not actually making the car any faster just seems lame to me, and may confuse the DSC functions where "rapidly" lifting from the throttle will pre-tension the brakes and cause other things to happen. This might be causing my throttle lift "jerk" problem.

Well actually I have the BMS PBX(throttle remapping) installed and it was doing great job, but since I had the battery disconnected for 1day I started to notice that weird throttle response which was great before I disconected the battery... I don't understand how this problem is linked to the fact that I disconected the battery, but that's when I started to feel a different throttle response...
BMS, BMW PE, BMW SSK, AFE Magnum FORCE Stage-2 SI intake, BMW Gloss Black Kidneys, Ambergone's, Tinted Tail Lights, Black gloss Shadowline, Carbon Fiber mirrors, StanceTek Spacers 10mmFront 12mm Back, DISA 3-Stage Intake manifold
ivan-128i is offline   Canada