View Single Post
      05-29-2012, 12:16 AM   #72
ecodiesel
Registered

Drives: 2009 335D

Hi everyone, 09 My 335D with 76,000km just had the recall work done which my dealership thought was the reason my car was stalling.(was sent back to them on a flat deck) I was told the faults cleared off after they changed out the parts and reflashed. A large section of the exhaust system was changed out and I was shown on the service writers computer what the new the urea mixer looked like in comparison to the old. The new design has a less restrictive fan/turbine vrs the much tighter oem fan .

I was only able to drive my car approx 35 miles traveling though Calgary and south on why 2 when it stalled out again and left me a second time stranded road side (yeah, wonderful, yet another trip on a flat deck back to the dealer). I gotta say though that BMW road side assistance is top notch and if this keeps up I may just end up asking the gal that keeps rescuing me out on a date! Apparently this recall work wasn't the issue with my car! ,But what I can say from the short time I drove it, was that my car felt like it pulled substantially harder off the line even with moderate throttle. I never floored it, but with even half throttle it felt much meatier and torquier than it did previously. I liked it! well, er up until blaaaaahhhh _______" http://www.e90post.com/forums/images...es/mad0260.gif
ecodiesel is offline   Canada