View Single Post
      06-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #16
uhaulball
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: e90 330xi

Send a message via AIM to uhaulball
we need to get everyone in a group install. My i-Drive just went to shit and I know exactly how everyone feels. You should replace it right away because mine was out for over 3 wks and i just dealt with it but then finally the fan continued spinning and I guess it drained my battery. I had to jumpstart. So now the dealer is quoting 15xx.xx to replace and program. the part is $845.05 I checked on realOEM and they quoted me a similar price when I called back, and they are saying it is a 3hr job, they will not budge. Just adding my $.02. It seems 1500 is the ballpark figure for this. Which is unreasonable it should be closer to 1200.

and imo the CIC is a much larger expense to replace. Involving a pricier unit and longer hours to retrofit. but replacing the CCC we should not be charged more than an hour labor. they're overcharging $350 in labor.