View Single Post
      06-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #22
Seminole
Colonel

Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [3.50]
I live in an apartment complex, and a relatively inexpensive one at that because a) I don't know my long term goals and don't want to get stuck with a home I can't sell and b) if I'm renting I don't want to piss a ton of money away on rent when I'll have nothing to show for it when I leave.

Anyways, there is a dude with a brand spanking new fully loaded 650i convertible. Before that he had a loaded last generation 650i convertible. The guy at the front office said the owner has been here for 6 years. For someone like that (and this RR) I don't get the point of living in an apartment complex if you're spending that kind of money on a car. Wouldn't buying a 5 series (or I guess a Bentley Continental for the RR guy, haha) and then using the savings to put as a down payment on a house be a better idea?

A little side note, I came home one night and as I turned towards where I park and saw a red Audi R8 V10 pulled in backwards with the driver still in it. He ended up sitting there for half an hour until some lady in a VW EOS showed up and got in his car with him. After that they drove off. You know something strange was going on with that.