View Single Post
      06-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #15
Vtec Abuser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas@GIAC View Post
The B8 S4 is a very fast car once modified. We have been developing our in-house S4 recently, and it is amazing how they make gains. On a Mustang, we typically measure 350whp on a Stage 1, with 390whp on 100 octane or water-methanol. It is also interesting how these supercharger systems work, as we are able to turn up the boost through the ECU, using the stock pulley. This video doesn't provide too much insight, but we recently did some testing with Motor Trend and our Stage 1 B8 S4. I can't ruin the story by posting the results, but they look good

The times the modded B8 S4's are putting down on the 1/4 are very impressive (even when stock). However, Audi's S-Tronic cars with LC and 4WD are all ballistic off the line and produce bonkers times from a standing start. For example, I know a chap with a TTRS S-Tronic that runs 11.3 1/4 at the track with just the cat smashed out of the stock exhaust and Stage 2 software What does help is the 3.1 0-60mph times he produces because of the awesome launch.
When rolling the advantage is a lot less and no different to a DCT equipped BMW.

Stock B8 S4's normally run around 106mph trap speeds and between 110-114mph when fettled. So no quicker when rolling to a modded x35i..
Appreciate 0