View Single Post
      06-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #832
AbsolutX3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper Two Four View Post
Lol well the 94 ford f250 only has 24k on it but at 100k our bmws are just getting broke in it seams
True; I don't know how long my mother intends to keep her 325i because I'm not comfortable with the long-term maintenance costs given how computer intensive her vehicle is. I don't particularly like working on her 3er either, since everything is packed so tightly compared to my X3. I picked up the Pentosin power steering fluid at O'Reilly's; there were plenty in NC but I guess the closest one here is Richmond. And having Cook Out again was a treat.

The 3er is terrific though- got real low fuel consumption on the drive to/from Richmond yesterday and even motoring along Broad St (which has red lights as badly sync'd as I remember from years ago). I gave her car some much-needed exercise on the "derestricted" section of the A64 and on the backroads back to Spotsylvania County via US 522. In the blink of an eye, the 3er was sailing past *** km/h, yet returned an average of 7,6 l/100km (31 US mpg). Now if it only sounded as good as my M54 engine......
Appreciate 0