View Single Post
      06-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #1
HD81
Private

Drives: Sp. Grey 2011 e92 335xi 6AT

Just purchased 2011 e92 335xi, need advice

This past saturday, I went to a dealership that had a leftover 11' e92 335i xdrive 6AT/ZPP/ZCW/Nav/BMW Apps/Sirius/iPod & USB without a sport or M-Sport pkg. The car actually was listed as $46900 msrp and I paid $46225. I was hoping someone could tell me if this sounds like a good deal. Some info on the car:

Actual MSRP: ~$53k
Mileage: 172 miles (it was supposedly a demo car)
Time spent on dealer lot: since Sept 2011'

There were a LOT of hairline scratches on the bumper and both doors and one deep scratch beneath the surface (looked like something hit it, like a small key or something). I asked if it was driven by a manager as a demo car because it had so much mileage on it but they claimed it wasn't. The rotors had oxidization on them and when I test drove it, the interior didn't even have a new car smell. I asked the sales advisor who was selling it to me whether it had the oil cooler since there was no sport or M-sport pkg and he said it does. I checked myself and saw a vent (or cover..whatever its called), but didn't see the actual radiator there. He said there was and that all N55's came with it regardless of the sport or m-sport pkg. I called him this morning and asked again, saying that I wanted to track the car and if it doesn't have the oil cooler that I don't want the car because it would mean I'd need to install an aftermarket cooler and potentially void the warranty, and I also don't want to spend extra money.

Any advice and input would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by HD81; 06-18-2012 at 10:00 AM.
HD81 is offline   United_States