06-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #59
cmyk
resident girl.

Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksure View Post
I'm sure the trunk and some other panels will have to be replaced. I just don't see how some of the dents can be repaired. My only out of pocket will be the deductible. Progressive also covered the clear bra that I have on the entire front hood - so that's good.

I've been having to wait an hour on hold for Progressive each time. My friend, with Esurance, was able to have someone look at his car on Friday and provide an estimate.

I didn't want to have only the glass replaced because its everywhere in the car. I think the only way to properly clean it all up is if the body shop takes apart the back and pulls the seats out - but I'm sure they'll still do it once your car gets in the shop.
Yeah. I know some of those PDR guys can work wonders but at a certain point it becomes a little ridiculous to try and repair something like this. I might just buy a Vorsteiner hood and a CSL trunk lid.

The guy who came out to do my glass today said "no way in hell" would they total my car (he's been all over the neighborhood doing windshields and had just got finished doing an A4 that had such bad damage to the trunk that the whole thing was sunken in like it had a 5,000lb weight dropped on it). So we'll see. I'll call Allstate and light a fire under their ass to see if we can get this over with sooner.

I cleaned out the glass inside the car yesterday, but I'm sure there's some behind the back seats. The windshield guy vacuumed out all my vents and under my hood for me, so the interior looks pretty much perfect right now. This has just been a roller coaster. It's a Lose/Lose as far as I'm concerned. I don't want the car totaled for such a stupid reason when I'd finally gotten everything how I wanted it, but if it's not it'll be in the shop for months. :\

2008 E90 335i // Black Everything // photos
COBB tuned / QTP e-cutouts / Helix FMIC / cp-e DCI / AWE BOVs / Black M6 wheels + Toyo Proxes
(and yes, I am a girl)
cmyk is offline   United_States