View Single Post
      06-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #37
psmitty95
Brigadier General

Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi to e90 View Post
well below a g?

booboo, dont fucking tempt my nuts, don't u do it.
Hahaha check it out, literally sounds exactly like the way the HPF exhaust is setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
AA & AE offer a great product and can definitely provide the guys looking for immediate satisfaction with a more than satisfactory product.

For those interested in our exhaust, it will feature a 3.5" fully stainless steel design which weighs about half as much as the stock system and incorporates a v-band clamp design. More importantly it will also cost a bit more than half as much as most of the current competitors.

For those looking for more information regarding our exhaust design/sound, we use a 3.5" design which takes a less common approach. Rather than sticking with the dual exhaust system, we combine the two exhaust paths into one 3.5" pipe and split off into two 3" tips after the muffler. We're utilizing an adjustable rear tip which will allow both single & dual tips and will allow for customization of both tip orientation and adjustability for Sedan vs Coupe fitment.

As for sound, the exhaust setup utilizes a specifically designed muffler to keep the overall tone similar to stock in idle/cruise conditions. When you open it up, you get to experience the full effect of the 3.5" catless exhaust with a deep, aggressive tone.. In wide open throttle conditions, the exhaust does a great job of accentuating the high compression exhaust note without the excessive drone/harmonic imbalance found in most systems. This sound is loud enough to differentiate from stock but more refined in comparison to the louder race/non-daily driver exhausts. If you're looking for something loud enough to wake the neighbors, this exhaust isn't for you (or at least this variant

I can definitely offer a group buy price for the initial batch of exhausts but I just wouldn't feel comfortable taking anyone's money until I had a concrete ETA of when our current production batch will be readily available. I should have more information regarding the availability of the production units in about 2-3 days. As soon as that info becomes available, I'll gladly update anyone interested in purchasing
Edit: Nvmd i guess it's not all that much like the HPF although it sounds like the exact sound i'm looking for. I'm trying to find where he spoke about the price but i can't seem to find it anymore... I'm pretty sure it was somewhere in the $700-900 range though. 99% sure it was below 1k but i could be wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Ours doesn't sound like the HPF nor does it look like the HPF. We utilize a muffler rather than a straight pipe and our exhaust has about the same or a little less drone than the AE at low RPM. I've never personally tested the AA so I can't comment on the drone against that. Just because we chose the 3.5" single pipe route, doesn't mean it's a HPF exhaust. I believe AMS also went with the 3" single rather than 2 2.5" pipes which everyone seems to be doing.

The general area of 2 2.5" vs a 3.5" pipe is almost the same but you have the benefit of a huge weight reduction which will absolutely benefit the car all around (handling, acceleration).
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno

Last edited by psmitty95; 06-24-2012 at 10:33 PM.
psmitty95 is offline   United_States