View Single Post
      06-27-2012, 02:51 AM   #538
335alive
i accidentally the verb

Drives: 08 E90 335i

doesn't matter, dude. it's hard to argue with the evidence. i unplug it, it starts acting up. check engine light comes on. four 1/2 engine lights within a week. plug it back in, it stops acting up. check engine light goes away. not a single 1/2 engine light since.

it's very obviously connected, at least in my case, and no-one can convince me otherwise. granted, maybe mine is a one-off case, but i'll personally never be unplugging that thing again.

and the rattling is not my wastegates. it comes from the exhaust tip on the left side, where the flap is, when cold started, and goes away completely once the flap opens. my last car ('07) had the rattling wastegates so i know exactly what that sounds like, and it's completely different, not to mention constant.
'08 monaco blue E90 335i 6MT. sport pkg. premium pkg. black leatherette. brushed aluminum trim. M-Tech shift knob/boot. M3 mats. matte black kidneys. carbon performance trunk spoiler. blacklines. MTEC angel eyes. JB4. aFe stage 2 intake. custom downpipe-back stainless exhaust with 4" tips. mechunik plate mount. 19x9/19x10 +24 style 95's with 10mm BMS spacers in the rear.
335alive is offline   Canada