06-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #49
benzy89
Banned

Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoney2K4 View Post
My question is if Romney is President, can he reverse this law?
He individually cannot, it's up to Congress now, or if any of the following Supreme Courts choose to reevaluate the case -- Look up Dred Scott (which legalized slavery) or Plessy v Ferguson (which upheld racial segregation under the "separate but equal" clause in the US Constitution).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
Uh, a homeless person can't buy a soda without paying taxes. I don't think anyone wakes up in the morning looking for ways to make their lives worse. People are in circumstances and it is up to us all to insure we don't simply ignore these people. No one is getting a free check. Lol. I love that misconception. If any of you think depending on our beloved gov't is a desirable experience, remind yourself of how well your local DMV operates. You judge a nation by how well it treats it's children and animals. If a parent has no insurance , common sense says neither does their child. Moreover, there are plenty of people who contribute to society but need assistance. How many veterans are currently on welfare???? Get off your high horse, you're circumstances can change in an instant. Everything in life is temporary.
You know what the ironic thing is about this? ~15 yrs ago, if you were homeless or couldn't afford healthcare, the response was "get a job" or "do something to improve your living situation". Now, in sue-happy/over-protective 2012, we need to take care of everyone, love each other & protect the unicorns. I need to get off my high horse?? How about all these people draining from society? They need to get off their high horse, and if that means working at a gas station or McDonalds so they can pay their bills and do "their part" (because under the Liberal mentality, we're all in this together and should share the burdens together) and contribute to society by getting a job, paying their income & property taxes, any debts they have accrued & make something of themselves.

Maybe it's just me, but I have way too much pride to ever allow myself to be dependent on food stamps or welfare checks. I don't care if that means I need to be knee deep in shit while working for Roto Rooter, I will do whatever the fuck it takes to legitimately be able to afford a decent, non-government dependent, life for me + my family.

Last edited by benzy89; 06-28-2012 at 09:07 PM.
benzy89 is offline   United_States