benzy89
Banned
United_States

Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
I love the idealistic approach you have for people who, ironically, are already working at McDonalds and gas stations trying to secure the American dream, or in non-dreamy terms...trying to survive. YOU CAN'T. You're funny. You erroneously equate getting a job, yes simple a job, with being enough in today's society to actually make headway. Hahah. Boy, are you a funny guy. The fact of the matter is, this country has been helping people for centuries (even under the guise of indentured servitude and slavery but, that's another discussion) since immigrants came over on a boat. The US Gov't has always extended her hand to those less fortunate and I bet you too, or someone in your family, has gotten assistance at some point. If you're doing ok in your life, why are you so bitter when others get help? Taxes? LOL. That cannot be the crux of your argument because taxes will not go anywhere, so I suggest you move.

Pride doesn't put food on the table and god forbid you lose your health, your hungry belly will forget what pride is and you'll take whatever help you can get. Pray you'll never need it.
Pride doesn't put food on the table or keep a roof over my head, amd it also doesn't pay the $200k in student loans I'm paying right now (or my car payments, or my car insurance, or my credit car, or anything else). BUT I decided to take on student loans at a 12% interest rate from the Fed Govt. so I could set myself up for "life after college". And now, after deferring my loans for 4 months while they accrued interest, I have a job and am paying off all my debts/expenses without living outside my means. This usually means sacrificing a night out, new mods for my car or going to a Yankee game, but I suck it up b/c I realize the importance of paying off my student loans ASAP + not running my credit cards into the ground.
Yea, my life is pretty cushy & I got a decent education which helped me get a decent first job. But what actually got here is taking some fucking responsibility in my life, which is something society refuses to do. When shit gets tough, the new "natural response" is "OHH life is soo tough, the government & rich people should bail me out because they have so much & I have so little. Poor me"

Here's a novel idea, budget your finances responsibly. Regardless of where you work (McDonalds, Gas Station, Public Service Position), you'll be getting a paycheck. If people live beyond their means & don't budget their finances in a responsible way, they've brought that on themselves -- There are plenty of affordable living options, regardless of your income level.