06-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #63
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States
Rep

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
For your sake I hope you never have the misfortune of being stricken with a debilitating illness or injury and lose the capacity to work and care for yourself and your family. But if God forbid that ever does happen, you better hope you find yourself living in a country of laws and people more charitable than you are today.
I wish i could have a way to convey things on the internet so that people know i'm not trying to insult them or something like that.

But i believe you'll be hard pressed to find someone who says the things Benzy is saying that won't also be one of the first to help those truly in need.

But i also believe that the 50 or so percent of americans who are only collectively paying 3 percent of the collected taxes are not ALL stricken with a debilitating illness or injury. Those that are deserve a life time of assistance to lead a comfortable life. Those that aren't deserve an education and an opportunity, make of it what you will.

As undesirable of an existence as it may be to most, there are people who choose to live a government subsidized lifestyle. I see it in my work all the time, my wife audits non for profits for her work and sees it, as well as hears it from her clients. She also serves on a board of directors for a NFP. It's not something we're making up and at least in our neck of the woods the amount of people who are becoming complacent enough to live that way is increasing exponentially.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat