View Single Post
      06-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #72
txz4
Major

Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Here's one

Note that this does not include state taxes (also paid by nearly all), which I have on another chart. What this shows, is basically once you get into an upper-middle income, your rate tops out, and never goes up. In fact, it starts going down if you earn enough, such as with Mitt Romney's 12.9% effective rate. This is why the middle class is shrinking.
I don't get it.... You argued that his post was a lie, then site a chart talking about how much of a percentage of they're own income they pay.

EDIT just realized that your chart you posted has income and payroll income tax and tax from capital gains as separate (and not even listing the capital gains in terms of effective tax rate, just how much money as a percent they make from investment)

I think you may be misinterpreting the data. Either that or you think it's unfair in the way that the top one percent makes up the biggest amount of taxes paid. Just admit its an ideological standpoint and has absolutely nothing to do with practicality.

A pretty useless chart actually, very misleading for those who arent aware of such distinctions.

Last edited by txz4; 06-30-2012 at 07:37 PM.