View Single Post
      07-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #1014
BAMFM3
Private
Rep

Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRLPWR View Post
I have no knowledge of what Dinan tunes offer in regards to a DPfix, but I can say that when I removed my JB3 for an upgrade, my SES light came on throwing a cat code w/in 2 days of removing it. The day after I installed the upgrade (JB4), the light went away. The tune has a built-in DPfix but I also have a wired-in fix. All of this is to say that either 1) you have a DPfix w/the Dinan tune or 2) you don't have catless dps, but maybe aftermarket catted dps. In NC, they typically do not do visual checks underneath. Even if they did, they wouldn't check the dps. They'd have to remove the bottom cover and that's just too much work for an inspection. lol
I called a BMW dealer who is a Dinan draler and the tech was really cool. He said as long as a CEL isnt on it should pass. So im thinking i should be good to go. And thats WAY too much work to check for inspection...which works for me! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnst3r View Post
Welcome to the Forums, Im in Fayetteville also but I own a 135i. So I stop here to see whats going on locally since there are very few of us non 3series guys. )
Thanks! Yeah i have seen a few 135's around town but not many. Theres a blue 1M here on Bragg i see quite often but never seen the guy who drives it.

11 Melbourne Red E92 M3 6MT
12 Glacier White Metallic B8 S4 DSG (Sold)
09 Jet Black E92 M3 DCT (Sold)