View Single Post
      07-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #108
Lieutenant Colonel
Templar's Avatar

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
Yup, you should get used to that... I dont know if you are new to this sub-forum, but you should get used to certain posters ranting and calling people all sorts of names, and insisting their motivations must be racist in nature, instead of attacking the argument itself. (in between bragging about getting folks banned)

I've also made several logical points that few want to address. The biggest of which is the logical elephant in the room, that fact that there are not enough doctors, nurses, and hospital beds to service this huge, sudden influx of bodies into the system. This is a concern shared by people such as the President Elect of the American Medical Association, according to CNN. Nobody has suggested any plausible mitigation for this.

I've also brought up the fact that millions of jobs have already been outsourced, and millions more will follow if you take steps to make the business climate here even more inhospitable than it already is. (that would include doing things like creating financial incentives to stop hiring once a headcount reaches 49, for example). Others have mentioned that also, but nobody wants to acknowledge it, or offer any practical defense against it.

People dont want to address these issues, they would rather call the posts of those who disagree with them "absolute lunacy". If you can find a way to fix that, I'll buy you a beer.
I would say that when your points go unanswered or people don't respond, it's because they see them as valid, so people don't really see a need to respond or debate on something they basically agree with. For me, it's a waste of time/effort to note that I agree with something, when I'd rather spend more of my time arguing on what I do not agree with. Like Scotch said, he believes some are valid points of skepticism. Is that what you were looking for, just someone to agree with you?

As for the name calling, it's so deeply ingrained in this subforum that it'll likely never go away. I think it just comes with being anonymous on the internet. Take completely normal people, give them some anonymity, and they turn into complete jackasses 90% of the time. The other 10% are just jackasses anyway
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'15 Ford F-250 - Lariat, 6.7 Powerstroke Turbo-diesel