07-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #6
QUiKSR20
E90 Apprentice

Drives: 08' E90 328i 6MT

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to QUiKSR20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_h View Post
Technic knows what he's talking about. Another thing to try are the settings that one of the JBL folks recommend for our cars:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=659
Thanks, Just looked over that post and made some changes. Its progressing and over time will get better, I got some midbass back but it still sounds severely lacking compared to my friends logic 7 setup which im hoping to surpass ( technically speaking atleast ).

Current Settings -

Calibrated at -23db then left at -8db ( -6 starts to sound harsh when turned up )
  • Sub = None
  • Front = 2way
  • 30hz subsonic /12db
  • Front Hi/Lo set @ 200hz 24db
  • Center 200hz 24db
  • Side 100hz 24db

Ive toyed with the sub gain but it sounds fine in the middle. So far my impressions are :
  • Much improved from initial settings
  • Still sounds a little hollow / not crisp
  • Sounds like its 85% center channel ( is this normal )

Is it normal to have the rear speakers work totally diff now that Logic 7 is doing the processing? Had a rear passenger
say theres no sound back here and its going in an out or is that because I only set up my drivers seating positon and
not all 4.

Ill keep at it noting my settings each time hopefully I will get it to sound better. Im pretty confident with help
from everyone that has MS8/E90 audio knowledge + trial and error on my part I will get this to sound great.

Thanks again all def thinking of adding a sub sooner than later now.
89 E30 325is [sold & missed]

Last edited by QUiKSR20; 07-04-2012 at 12:49 PM.
QUiKSR20 is offline   United_States