View Single Post
      07-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #62
robc1976
DIYER
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris b. View Post
do you smell fuel?injector leaking? check your plugs? a lot of n54's that come into the shop with injector failures have this condition.
I had a leaking injector but it was black smoke from running rich...I wonder if white smoke could mean this to?? I have white smoke come out of my tailpipe only when the car sits for a bit...not while driving or stopped at a stop light. It s a good deal of smoke also. Coolant is full, no residue on oil cap...I have a OCC and a robbeck upgraded valve. I do a lot of logging and the car is running perfect. I wonder if this problem above and mine are from a leaking valve cover leaking a small amount of oil into the spark plugs and when the car sits overnight the oil is a bit more...we start the car up and burn the oil. The only thing is why is the smoke white...it would have a bluish tint if it where burning oil, and a sweet smell if burning coolant. I am not fully kitty-less....have kitty-less Dps. I have a vid of this also.
JB4 G5, Stage 3 LPFP, Stage 2 MOTIV PI, 750 ST, Custom OCC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2, DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid SF bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, M3 fenders, M3 OEM sideskirts, Mtech rear bumper, CSL trunk, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295