View Single Post
      07-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #14
JamesM3M5
Some dude

Drives: E28 M5, E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu View Post
Circlip? Dental pick.

I commend your efforts for WG rattle. Lots of work for sure.
Yeah, tried that. It's at an angle that didn't allow me to pick it off with my long mechanics pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
It's only a temporary fix. If it was that loose, the wastgate rod shaft in the turbo is worn and/or the spring in the actuator is bad also.
Thanks, Debbie Downer. I checked the shaft that goes into the turbos, and there was a little play but not severe. The actuators were fine. If it sticks, I have an aftermarket warranty until 100k miles anyway, and after that, this car will be a dedicated track/race car at that point anyway. Single turbo time at that point!

Greatest thing is that there is NO rattle anymore except when the system closes fully to produce boost - throttle tip in. You can only hear it with the windows down driving next to parked cars/walls/etc, and it's only for a split second. No more "clatter-clatter-clatter" when lifting the throttle just driving around parking lots and garages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashmanparker View Post
nice work james...greetings from aruba see you in a month or so...neeed that meth
Hell yeah! See you soon!
E28 M5 w/ buncha stuff, R171 SLK350
JamesM3M5 is offline   United_States