View Single Post
      07-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #24

Drives: 2016 M4
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (1)

I live in NC and have had 2 speeding tickets. In NC you get a PFJ(Prayer for Judgement) which can be used once every 3 years. Pretty much a free pass and all you pay is court cost. Go to court on your court date, ask the DA prior to seeing the judge to lower the charge(got both mine reduced from 28 -> 15 and 25 ->15) Then when the judge sees you just ask for a PFJ. The one stipulation is you can get another moving violation again in the 3 years or both tickets will hit your insurance which will kill your driving record and rack up some nice points for you.

Other option is to lawyer up and hope they can get a improper equipment or get it dropped if the officer never shows or get it reduced to 9 over which is 0 points on your license.