07-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #58
Gen_E92
Brigadier General

Drives: slow

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep_Blue
Kudos on a great and well thought out install! I'm thinking of doing the same thing to my e90 335. On the oil cooler duct, it seems odd that there would be a gap between the duct and the bumper when it's bolted to the oil cooler since I would presume distance from the oil cooler to the vent in the stock M3 is longer than in a 335 with the M3 rep bumper. Therfore it seems like the M3 vent should be too long for the 335i not too short. Is this not the case?

Ideally I would like to have the duct attached on both ends and I'm trying to get a picture of the geometries involved. Do you have any pics of the install or the duct? If so it would be hugely helpful.

Again, the result looks great!
I don't think it's too short or too long. Even after abit of trimming as in the DIY (search for it), the duct looks like it's sitting towards the center about 1-2" and needs to move toward the outside. Not sure how others did it, but the body shop said there's no way it'll fit if bolted to the oil cooler. I'll try to take some pics tonight and show you how it sits against the oil cooler.
Gen_E92 is offline   Japan