07-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #14
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States
Rep

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_runner View Post
I own a small business so when I first saw this I was insulted. The political banter back and forth over that statement has been intense these last few days. I think I understand what he is trying to say but failed to articulate this thoughts correctly. You'd think a lawyer would pause and contemplate before opening his mouth. That said, I know I didn't receive any help from anyone during this recession. It wasn't the government, the banks, the road builders that helped me maintain my business. It was my blood, sweat, and tears, my smarts, and my work ethic that help me through first few years and I thrived. So I may have had help starting a business but I sure as shit didn't have help maintaining it.
Yes. Starting a business is easy. Sticking around for a decade is the difficult part. I was fortunate to be able to purchase an already up and running business. But these last few years a common theme between small business owners seems to be never have they worked so hard for so little ever before.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat