View Single Post
      07-19-2012, 04:20 PM   #56
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Some people here are capable of a civilized debate, but not very many. That's why I don't even bother. It's not worth getting frustrated over, and I have other, much more important things to do with my time.
I know, you are right. It is sad though. I came here hoping to learn something new, perhaps evolve and refine my position on things. If folks agree, fine, but that's not why I post, I'm not that emotionally needy that the affirmation of random anonymous strangers is something I covet. If you disagree with me in a civilized manner, that even better than agreeing! I'm happy to be proven wrong, if you have facts. That means I've learned something.

When juvenile name-calling and misdirection becomes the default substitute for a proper rebuttal, it's all really quite disappointing. Hardly advances the discussion; hell, if I wanted that, I could go talk to the 14 year old kid next door. I naively assumed that being on a BMW forum might increase my chance of interacting with folks with above average education, income and intelligence, given how expensive the cars are. *sigh* perhaps my expectations were simply too high.