View Single Post
      07-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #173
JasonDCarton
Captain

Drives: BMW E90

Garage List
2006 BMW E90  [4.75]
Ended up trying this out and started out great in the beginning. Unscrewed the T-20 and removed grills without snapping any clips, then removed chrome piece from slats without snapping any clips. Sprayed on first two coats of Gloss black and it looked incredible and blended in perfectly with my black sapphire e90. This is when it went to hell... I decided to do one more heavier coat before I finished with a clear enamel (to protect against chipping). I sprayed on the last coat, not heavy enough to be runny, and left it outside for an hour to make sure it was completely dry before I sprayed the clear enamel. When I came back, the heat from outside completely ruined the spray and left ripples and weird markings on the grill and top piece coverings on hood. I tried to re sand it down and try again but by then it wasn't working. I should of thought to not leave the grill outside that long to dry, it was in SD yesterday and it was around 93 out. If it wasn't for the heat, the grill would of turned out perfectly. Oh well, I just ordered the piano black finish from modmy3 for cheap and should be here tuesday.
JasonDCarton is offline   United_States