View Single Post
      07-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #34
cmyk
resident girl.
United_States

Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [4.38]
Buying a house doesn't make sense for everyone. We rent a nice house in a nice neighborhood because there is a good possibility that we will need to move out of state for my husband's job in the next couple of years. If we end up staying here, we will likely buy the house we are currently renting, which works out great because we already know there are no major issues with it (since we've lived here for over a year already). We thought about buying a couple years ago, and I'm glad we didn't because we would have been screwed/underwater if we'd gone ahead with the house we thought about purchasing at the time.

We live in a fairly affluent (upper middle class) part of Dallas that borders an even more affluent neighborhood, and it's interesting to see the number of absolute beater cars in the driveways of some of the multi-million-dollar homes nearby. About 50% of the neighbors drive Porsches, Audis, Maseratis, BMWs and Mercs, and the other 50% drive 15 year-old Hondas that look like the doors are about to fall off. Different priorities, I guess, although no doubt some of them are struggling against foreclosure in this market/economy.

2008 E90 335i // Black Everything // photos
COBB tuned / QTP e-cutouts / Helix FMIC / cp-e DCI / AWE BOVs / Black M6 wheels + Toyo Proxes
(and yes, I am a girl)