07-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #137
Slops
Major General

Drives: 2005 C55 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
I'll see you there as well. Recorded four sessions and didn't see you once!

F430 Scud honors the CCA, needless to say CJ and I had our targets set on her, ha!
last session, e36 nearly loses back end in turn 5, e46 understeers heading into turn 1
Great vids Dan. On the third session the second day I saw the aft end of your car entering the carousel but then they put out the checkered flag.

Yep I passed that F430 Scud numerous times too. She gunned it on the front straight on two occasions but I stayed with her (hard to get away from a fully optimized 335 at full acceleration methinks ...or maybe I'm just telling myself that) and she pointed me by both times. She was not fast but quite aware of surroundings. And man did that thing sound good. Gorgeous car.

What a great event and a great track. If I had to describe Summit Point, it would be the speed of Lightning with half again the technicalities of Thunderbolt. No room for mistakes - there are definitive lines. NJMP is up to driver interpretation a bit more. I was doing 135 on the front and 110 under the bridge and 100+ in two other areas on the track (out of turn 2 and then immediately afterwards over the hill after turn 3). Yes it's that fast. The front straight definitely honed my braking skills ...hence I'm still alive.

Track photographer was pretty good and I had to get a few!

Looking good man!
Slops is offline   South Africa