View Single Post
      08-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #15

Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Originally Posted by zztwinturbozz View Post
I don't know man do some more searching before you decide. I personally saw way more cars having problems with jb4 than Cobb. I chose Cobb and it was the easiest install you could ever imagine and you can check and clear codes, monitor performance, etc etc all while driving. Highly recommend.

Originally Posted by E90Company View Post

This is exactly what I run and it works perfectly. The boost gauge in dash is something you will really miss with the cobb, and the ability to fill up with e85 for a power boost on demand is amazing. As far as install/problems, don't worry. Its really easy and I haven't had any issues.
Gauge Hijacking is a nice trick, but I'd rather have a quality running car then see my Fuel/Oil Temp Gauges go back and forth. The piggy's are great, but the COBB is def become a higher quality tune (especially now with the E85 Fueling Tables) that allows the car the run "happier" at a higher performance setting. The fact that it allows you to tune in depth (alter timing, AFRs, Fueling Tables, etc) means you get an actual tune instead of intercepted & retransmitted signals (like w/ the piggys). The piggy's don't allow you to go anywhere near as in-depth with your tuning. The piggy's greatest selling point is Meth Management, something that none of the Flashes are capable of