View Single Post
      08-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #37
EononCarDVD
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong

Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
I was looking into buying a 09 328xi and believe it or not a lot of decision was riding on this unit. It looks great and looks like it performs great. The price also pretty damn good too considering other (worse IMO) units go for much more. I, like others was really disappointed that using this unit will get rid of the heated seats controls. I did a little more research and there seems to be a solution. A kit to relocate the buttons to the ashtray without any custom work or modifications. Here is the link. http://www.metraonline.com/part/98-9306
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudfoot View Post
If I want chimes/diagnostics to work - will I have to relocate the original head unit?
Hi john, thanks a lot for your compliment to our unit! About the heated seats controls issue, I've reflected it to the factory, hope they could do some improvement in the future, using dual can bus system to make it work. Not sure now, but any news, I'll update you guys asap!

Many thanks for sharing your knowledge john, but I've consulted our tech about your solution just now, it's not applicable. Since our unit doesn't have the dual can bus system, even if you add a relocation kit, the heat seated buttons still can't be used. Hope you can understand. Thanks!