View Single Post
      08-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
JHB335

Drives: 2011 335 XI

IRA BMW of Stratham NH

Hey guys - I wanted to really thank IRA BMW of Stratham for stepping up to give me a hand.

A few weeks ago I purchased a 2011 335XI CPO, and I had them add the Performance Power Kit into the sale to be installed at some point in the future. I wanted to have the car for a week or so to experience the before and after of the kit installed.

Everyone I worked with was very professional and helpful, but this wasn't a surprise to me as I have been involved on some level with 5 different cars leaving their lot since 2008 (brother, wife, a few for me, etc) so while the professional friendly atmosphere was expected, it was still appreciated.

So here comes the problem. 3 days after I received the car I got a call from my SA Scot Murby. They couldn't install the PPK since my 335xi didn't have an oil cooler. A little research showed I wasn't the first one to be bit by this problem, as I didn't get the sport package W/ 18 inch wheels (the wheels are needed to get the oil cooler).

Well, damnit I wanted the oil cooler and PPK installed. I called BMW NA multiple times with absolutely zero response or call backs. Stratham BMW called BMW as well but were apparently having a difficult time getting a call back.

After day 2 of no calls backs, I emailed Scot and the business manager that I was unhappy with how this was turning out.

So long story short, they asked me to come down. Then they took my car back, and gave me a decked out 535 to play around with for a few days. When I came back, an oil cooler was installed, the PPK was installed, and the car had been meticulously cleaned. I was in and out in under 3 minutes.

From what I understand, Stratham BMW put the oil cooler in on their own dime after no response from BMW NA.

I couldn't be happier with these guys... If you are in the area I would highly recommend you check them out.