View Single Post
      08-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #8
M_Six
Free Thinker

Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
We've come to accept the stretching, perhaps to the breaking point, of the truth as normal. This one is just plain outright lying and dems with half an ounce of integrity are running the other way. The other 90% just remain silent hoping it will somehow work to harm Romney. Count the number of dems that say anything about this low rent advertisement. This stuff is disgusting and represents a new low.
No, it's sadly not a new low. Just a different one. The GOP PACs have been as bad or worse. Anytime you have groups with lots of money trying to buy an election, you'll get this sort of tripe. It really got bad with the Swift Boat nutcases. That's where the bar was set to near zero. This new BS about Romney is equally low, but it's hardly groundbreaking. It's just the left fighting fire with fire. If you weren't pissed off by the Swift Boat lies, you have no right to be pissed off about this. Frankly I'm disgusted with the whole system. This sort of democracy (and I use that term loosely) is not what I spent 11 years of service to defend. If the American voters would finally learn to read and think for themselves, this sort of despicable campaigning would quickly come to an end. But I see no signs at all that voters are ready to move beyond Huffington or Limbaugh.

"The $0.99 menu was put on this Earth for a good damn reason." -Weebl
M_Six is offline   United_States