08-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #164
Fraggy
Brigadier General

Drives: 2007 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M Power Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
Of course you're happy, you're looking out for your own. That's all some of us are trying to do as well.

I don't care if the build plants in other far away places, that makes sense to me, it's part of their global needs. But to come so close to the USA, which I'm confident has been a great source of financial support to them, and give us a big "fuck you" by supporting mexico, just infuriates me. I am glad Cadillac has stepped up to the plate.

And again I'm not questioning that Mexicans can build a good enough, I'm sure it will be fine, I'm not that silly. It's BMWs disregard for Americans that infuriates me so.
The plant in Mexico would benefit the U.S. more than any of those "far away places". What an irrational position.

So what would you like, that every plant in the Americas is opened in the U.S. instead of Mexico because it is "near"?

Cadillac already builds their SUV´s in Mexico. American companies build more cars in Mexico than anyone else.

Mexico buys more american products than every other country except Canada. Mexico buys 198 billon/year of U.S. products but yeah, you´d rather have a BMW plant in a "faraway place".

We buy:

- Twice as much as China
- Four times as much as Germany
- Hundreds of times more than South Africa
- Twenty times as much as Russia.

Whatever. Haters gonna hate.

You do a great job promoting all the benefits of being mexicos neighbor, but regardless, BMW has lost a loyal customer. It's not just this insult, it's many other things as well that have made their cars not so special anymore, from run flats to electric steering, to start stop.

Thank you for your time and statistics, and have a great night.