08-09-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver View Post
If you visit my site there is a longer story for every set of images. Perhaps you are missing something. This particular image was nominated for POTW at Nikon Gear. As for asking that I set up a thread dedicated to my photography in general, I really don't see any reason for that. Would you like it if you were asked to set up a single thread dedicated to all your experiences with BMW cars in general, and only post to that?

The reason that I seem to have a disproportionate number of threads in this area is very few people are posting. There must be a lot of good photographers here who could post images, but probably don't because they are afraid of being subjected to rudeness as I am here and in a prior thread. The remedy is not for me to post less, but for others to post more.
Ron,

I think Badger (and others, including myself) just don't understand your style of photography. I don't think he was asking specifically for this shoot, but just in general, what your style was... street photography? documentary photography? photojournalism? I was also curious about that. I don't think he meant to offend you or your style. We never said your photos aren't good, etc... we just don't understand them. I just thought they came across as candid shots, which is a valid style.

Personally, I think starting a new topic for a new topic is fine. And, yeah you are right, there are a disproportionate number of threads you start, compared to others, mainly because others don't start new threads. But, if you are going to post a single photo or a couple photos, wouldn't it seems more logical to just include it in the Snapshot of the Day thread? That's what most people do. There's no problem in linking to your additional photos on Flickr or your website.

Currently for sale: N/A