08-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #13
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
If I try and block a plan that I truly believe will bring misery to the country, how does that make me against the country ? You may have a different vision of how to improve things than me, but to suggest that me trying to implement my plan is proof I want the country to fail is absurd. That's basically saying that you think that you are right 100% of the time, and anyone holding a contrary view is wrong 100% of the time.
Wow, talk about missing the point. He never asserted any of the ideas you are defending here.

Nobody ever said that having a different idea is 100% wrong, or that it's bad to stand-up for what you believe in. But you're making a false assumption, that "your guys" do everything purely for principle, not for politics. You don't know that for a fact, and besides, it's irrelevant to this discussion. He wanted to know how you'd feel IF politicians were acting in a purely political manner. Saying "what if they're not" isn't a valid response.

Here's an example: Romney implemented an identical plan in Massachusetts to Obama's Affordable Care Act; so why in the world would he feel so strongly about striking it down that he vows to reverse it on his first day in office (nevermind that the premise is illogical)? - Politics -. There are countless examples of foreign policy decisions, domestic policy decisions, and just general shit (like vacation days) that would be wholeheartedly embraced, were it not for the fact that Obama's the one doing them. And the question to you guys is, what do you think of that?