View Single Post
      08-14-2012, 04:23 AM   #11
rogerxp
Major General

Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
If its all about getting a decent hire car it's all a bit pointless if it turns into grief. A Micra or Clio would be just fine for the few days a car is off the road for repairs.
I completely agree. I went into it blind, was recommended by the garage owner who I know, on the impression it would speed up the process and be hassle free. The hassle free thing kind of backfired as I really had no clue about the potential cost of the TT. Yes I was niaive, hadn't made a claim before let alone appointed a CMC, but certainly learnt quickly. Turned out OK in the end.

Oh, the insurance point is good, loads of people say that even a non-fault claim through your insurer pushed your own premium up, but I've since had a renewal and my premium dropped. Probably as my insurers weren't involved. I even told them at renewal about the non-fault claim and still didn't hike it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaishang View Post
I can see why in the story above the other insurer objected to a 2,500 / 500/day hire bill. Even if it cost them more in their own costs than the 1k they saved in this particular case, chances are that claims management company will not be putting forward 500/day hire cars too often in future.
I too completely understand why the other insurer refused to pay and I say good on them. When I realised the size of the bill I felt a complete twat (if you remember the other party voluntarily left her details on my windscreen as I wasn't present so really didn't want to take the piss). Like you say, if more insurers dig their heals in it will hopefully result in more realistic invoices being issued and settled quickly.
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
rogerxp is offline   United Kingdom