Dr. G
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [4.35]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapple View Post
So I'm running AT. I wasn't sure how to launch so I just put my car in DS mode. I didn't break boost. Just floored it from 0 RPM. I did turn off all traction and held down the button for a few seconds. Going back to Cayuga for TT next week. I'll try it again and see how I do, but I do expect to now get the 1/4 down to 13.8 or 13.9 that sounds like the ideal 1/4 mile. Also getting the car modded to Stage 1 to increase HP to 320HP and Torque to 33O this week. That should cut it down to the high mid-13s for sure. Thanks for all the suggestions. Will keep you all posted on my Q-mile times.
Also, do you think getting aftermarket rims with new tires w/o run flats will help? I assume they're very heavy.
Practice brake boosting your car off the line and find the perfect rpm to launch your car at, it makes a world of a difference especially on an xi. Tires and wheels always help too.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S